Dr. Jonathan Stephen Gani
DATE OF BIRTH: 22 August 1957
PLACE OF BIRTH:
Perth, Western Australia (Australian citizen with right of abode in United Kingdom).
Full Registration General Medical Council UK (GMC)
AHPRA Registration No. MED0001122968
Specialist Registration: NSW Australia 1990, Specialist Register UK 1997
MB ChB with Honours 1980, FRCS (England) 1984, FRACS 1989, MD (Newcastle) 2001 Thesis: Towards Minimally Invasive Surgery in the Hunter Region
Conjoint Professor of Surgery University of Newcastle
Current Address: Division of Surgery John Hunter Hospital, Lookout Rd, New Lambton Hts, NSW 2305.
Tel (02) 4921300. Fax (02) 49214274
Former Practice address: Top Floor, Lake MacQuarie Specialist Medical Centre, 8 Sydney Street, Gateshead, NSW 2290.
Tel. (02) 49478177. Fax (02) 49478277
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Fellow)
Royal College of Surgeons of England (Fellow)
Australia and New Zealand Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA)
Australia and New Zealand Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association (ANZHPBA)
General Surgeons Australia (GSA)
- Certified in Early Management of Severe Trauma by Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Flinders Medical Centre 1989).
- Certified in Endoscopy and Colonoscopy by the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (1989).
- Certified in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; (St George Hospital Course, September 1990).
- Certified in Advanced Laparoscopic techniques (Sydney Hospital, December 1991).
- Certified in Endoscopic Retrogrograde Cholangiopancreatography GE Society of Australia (1996).
- Certified in Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct exploration (Dundee, January 1997)
- Approved for use of Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band HAHS Credentialing Committee (Inamed Melbourne 2003)
- Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (Liverpool Hospital 2005)
- American College of Surgeons CME Certificate SSAT Evidence Based Treatment of HPB Diseases 19 May 2012 San Diego
- SSAT Postgraduate/Maintenance of Certification Course HPB Surgery Washington DC 16 May 2015
- ASGE Annual Postgraduate Course at DDW: Endoscopic Oncology 2016: The Integral Role of the Gastroenterologist in Personalized Cancer Management. May 22, 2016 Held in conjunction with DDW San Diego, CA
- Process Communication model. Core topics completed course 2019.
- Shared Decision Making workshop Peter McCallum Cancer Centre Feb 2020.